Saturday, October 11, 2008

New!

6th Oct Monday 11-12pm
938 Live Interview @ Mediacorps
Gary was on air, being interviewed by Stanley during their weekday programme Living Room. The topic was on communication - focusing more on public speaking. =)

I was there to help him take photos to capture his 1st radio interview experience.=)

Had a feel of the actual recording of LIVE programme. *Nervous~* Everything was and has to be very timely. Everyone, especially Stanley, has to be on the ball.

As for me, it was like listening to the live programme LIVE, inside the recording room. =)

Jotted down useful notes. Here are some tips that I like.=)
  • Focus on audience and not on self. Be audience-centred.

  • NBS = naturally-born speaker

  • Always list ideas/points in 3s. (3 steps/3 reasons/3 objectives etc.) People tend to remember them better.

  • Prepare the structure of speech in terms of PREP: Points, Reasons, Examples and Point again.
Of course, much more topics were being covered and Gary even answered questions from listeners calling in on the spot. A real test of his composure and expertise. Of course, he did well! =D

Great to know that he is doing what he loves and what he does best in! Although it's busyX3 and of course not all easy, I believe he will and is already reaping what he sows already.=)


Specs Craze!
Saw these 2 loud specs on the table during last tuition with Tessa.

Harry Potter and ummm the fly or alien specs. =D

Ok, I don't even feel like trying the alien looking specs.

The Harry Potter one looks really nerdy. Muahahahahahaha...

*Told you that you are my weirdX2 student already, always doing the weirdest thing.=P Anyway, do inform me when your results are out! =) Let's hope we get to go NYDC together=D*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness! you've done a great job for the photos even! I'm going to stun them for my blogpost! =P

thanks for helping me out on that day, XuEMEI! =D

You were a real joy to talk to - helped me warm up immeasurably. Glad I made the right choice =D

Xue Mei said...

Yippie~~ haha.. glad that im of some help=) enjoyed myself too! it's really a great experience=D