Just attended the 1st Dharma Circle for this new sem.
Though i was really tired, didnt regret that I made the effort to attend it. Luckily, I have alrd made a promise to attend all the dharma circle as much as I can. =)
"What makes a Buddhist, Buddhist?" A rather tricky question.
Many definitions, many perspectives and very subjective too.
However, it's really impt to want to take the 1st step to learn the dharma [the teachings of the Buddha, the enlightened one].
When asked about my view on buddhism or being a buddhist, I really got to search deep within me for it's not an easy question to answer in words.
You may feel you sort of know it, then you will wonder do you really know it the way it should be known as. *complicated*
In the end, I said that personally, being a buddhist is about looking up to the buddha as my role model and learning the dharma. Most imptly, to put what I have learnt into practice.
Knowing and doing IS different. And there's really no right ot wrong answer to it.
It's only when you experiment with the teachings and experience it for yourself the truth in the dharma, then one will know what is being a real buddhist all about.
May all of my dharma circle group members that night learnt something more from all those discussions! I'm glad that I did. ThanksX2! =)
May we be able to follow the footsteps of the buddha on this pathway to enlightenment, bit by bit, step by step.=) Like what the speaker mentioned, everything we do always start from zero.
Most imptly, we have to take the first step and definitely many more! =)
5 comments:
Hope you find your way to enlightenment and happiness ^^
thank you very much!=) i will learn what i can everyday=) may you be well and healthy too!=) btw you are?
You can think of me as a friendly stranger ^^
Attend more Dhamma Circles to pay for your debt last year!!! haha... Just Jokig... Have fun! Be smiley and mindful
Good for people to know.
Post a Comment