Sunday, April 13, 2008

Pre-exams "Preparations"!=D

Tai Tais' Lunch!
Thurs 10th April
After M&E lect before Cost Estimating tutorial

Finally have some time for our makan session!

For this entire sem, it has been packed with tons of project meetings! So the 4 of us always meet up for "arguments" (constructive and professional one of course!) over our projects! We really miss our makan sessions where we went around NUS to eat niceX2 food other than those in Techno Edge=)

Maybe it's because we have been discussing so much about projects that we spent quite some time to decide where and what to do. Vivo? Cafe? Restaurant? Foodcourt? Duck rice?

FinallyX3 we board the bus and let fate decide. If someone rings the bell at the stop, we would eat duck rice. Otherwise, we would go Vivo and decide again.

In the end, we decided to eat duck rice and we pressed the bell ourselves. Muahahahaha...

Super affordable and super delicious! *YumX3!*

Here's our "How-to" manual for savouring duck rice!=)
Step 1 Carol, Step 2 Wei Juan, Step 3 Fei Fei, Step 4 me!=)




After that, we went for our Tai Tai "shopping spree" at ummmm... Cold Storage! Just to digest our food before we moved on to our desserts!

Desserts at West End, where Fei Fei works=)

Simply indulging!=) Super pampering for us!=) *Satisfied!*



As Carol said, it is really nice and relaxing to just eat and chit-chat about anything under the sun, even trival matters that concern us=) Leaving behind our studies and projects for the time being. Quality time spent!=)


PSD! (PFM Semesterly Dinner)
Fri 11th April
After Measurements lect (after 6 hours of lect straight!)

Wonder who gave this name! Sounds kind of official! But it's nice! Hopefully this culture can continues till we graduate!

12 PFM girls and 1 PFM guy = PFM gang who always sits at the right side of LT
Location was set at Rail Mall, as recommended by Hui Fang. Then we decided to try Hooked! A fishX2 eating place! *HealthyX3!*

I ate Chicken Plus Salad AND Fish Pie!

Salad was the usual. Fish Pie was super duper rich! It contains salmon belly, snapper belly, sliced hard boiled egg embedded with mashed potato. *YumX3!*

Shared Chocolate Impossible with Joyce and Hui Fang! It came at the time when we were playing "I have never" and the forfeit was to drink a mouthful of water. We were super bloated while we tried to savour the ice cream.


The game was fun! Got to know more about each other. I felt most guilty when I said "I have never play Bridge before" and "I have never joined uniform-group CCA before."=S *Hope no one takes it to heart. I drank around 2 full cups of water still. Fun and enriching!=)
Cant wait for our next PSD!=)

Long awaited day with KS!
Sun 13th April
Marina Sq and Suntec

Reading material for the day: CLEO and only CLEO!
*NO notes!*

Main purpose is for me to unwind after a week's of hard work *although I already have 2 pre-exams events within this week=P* and also for him to buy his new hp as his own bday gift.
Sadly, cant get his hp today as my mum has to be around to sign a new mobile line with Starhub. Next week k?

Finally got him try Pasta de Waraku after I eaten there for my primary school gathering.

His: Pork Cutley Curry, Some chocolate drink, Chocolate Ice Cake
Mine: Mozzarella Cheese Spaghetti, Tiramisu+vanilla ice cream+banana+strawberries+cornflakes+coco crunch


*Funny shots of him! Muahahahaha*

My spaghetti really comes with chunks of melted cheese! *YumX3!*
His curry was nice too! Very big portion of pork cutley too!

My dessert is super nice and worth the price! Just nice make up for the relatively smaller portion of my spaghetti. =D

His ice cake was reallyX2 yummy too! Really like cake. I like! Not too icy!

Bought manyX2 things! Shoes, Za True White Day Protector, Canmake Colour Stick *for my dark circles which I expect to get even darker*, hp pouch *finallyX2 after many weeks of choosing* and a super duper cute pouch for my external hard disk. Muahahahaha...

Saw a bag on 60% off. Super love it! *Though KS has different thoughts for it=P* Didnt get to buy it though as I could not make up my mind.

It's really great to pamper myself with treats like these=) Really glad that I am (just slightly)more financially independent. Hope it rids a portion of load from him hehX2..


Thanks for pei-ing me to help me unwind! I uds you are working from mon to sat and you just went for qing ming jie early in the morning. *AppreciateX3 veryX3 much!=D*

Alright! Next week is much relaxed as most lects have ended. Free up more time for preparing for our exams and also projects. =)

As what our cost estimating lecturer assoc prof florence ling mentioned, taking the middle path is very important. This is exactly what the buddha teaches us to do! Yes, she said "middle path". Surprised me as I seldom hear this term elsewhere except when Im in Buddhist Society.
Taking the middle path simply means being in balance. Avoid being too extreme. Dont study too hard. Dont play too hard too. A mix of both is the way to go. That's middle path. =)

The Buddha calls it the Middle Way between extremes. Quoting from "All about Buddhism", it states that extremism is an attitude characterised by the belief that only one way is right, by intolerance of all alternatives and by inflexibility.

Hence, we should practice this path with moderation, flexibility and a willingness to consider other points of view. In every aspect of life and practice, the Buddhist should be one who strikes a happy medium.

Let's remember to study hard and enjoy as hard too!=) Life's definitely more than just studying.=)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although I see u ard in sch, but I still wanna say:
你越变越美了!!

Meet up meet up leh.. go buy s'one's present..
**I very long nv shop alrdy!!**

Xue Mei said...

muahahahaha... thxX3!=)

haoX3 yah hor need go shop for someone de present haha.. before next week bah... haha.. =)