Monday, January 04, 2010

Minimal

Attempted the minimalist lifestyle for a day (less than a day I supposed).

It has been a long time since I went Suntec without full gear make-up, one that includes eye make-up to open my peepers.

So today is the day where I only applied BB cream and a slight hint of blusher. And I didn't tie up my hair into my usual bun. So today is "minimal" day for me:)

Felt really good about it:)

As in, I feel that I look much better than expected. Maybe cos I have been putting on make-up for quite some time already, so I thought I would look weird without it, especially my eye make-up. However, it turns out well!

So it was kind of a dress down day for me:) Should do this more often, save time on make-up (and removing make-up) and tying hair.
Photos unedited. I'm quite amazed my eyes are not as small as I thought:)

Anyway, me and LokeX2 were at Suntec for True Fitness Open House. Personally wanted to just get the 1-week trial membership to try their yoga classes. I was really contemplating on signing up if it's good after I have a stable income. But turns out the membership fees are really rocket sky high!

Whatever it is, since we were there, we got to tour around the place and also got to do an in body analysis. Basically it reports on our fat% so we know which part of our body requires more attention.

It was really insightful as they explained the numericals.

My BMR (basal metabolism rate) is only 1161kcal and google says that an average female BMR should be around 1300-1500kcal per day. No wonder they said I have a low metabolism rate and LokeX2 is right about me sleeping too much.

The same goes with him. His BMR is 1550kcal while google says an average male BMR should be around 1600-1800kcal per day.

Time to really get moving MORE!

Anyway, mine on the left and his on the right.
There are 2 interesting parts here. One is I have higher fat % on both my legs as compared to him! OMG! I really should stop laughing at him cycling (and still not actually losing visible weight):P.

The other thing is he has a much higher fat % on his right leg than his left, so much so that his % is almost similar to mine. Weird.

Alright, these were the most useful things we learned:) Shall go down for at least 1 of their yoga classes this week to get started on yoga. As for actual lessons, hopefully to sign up for one in NUS first, cheap and good:) Enjoying the benefits as a student for the final last sem.

Resolution of the month: Move more, hydrate more and eat less:)

No comments: