To me, 2009 has been a fantastic year, the best year that I have had up till this point:)
It all started with something seemingly small yet major to me - rebonding of my hair.
Gone with the legendary "broom", I finally can let down my hair and enjoy having fuss-free hair:)
That, I feel, marks the beginning of my wonderful year of 2009!
Other major highlights of the year are as follow.
- Fulfilled my wish to perform dance on stage, after a hiatus for around 4 years since I graduated from PHS (not considering the mass dances I taught during jc). Love every single moments with Dhoppers, re-connecting with dance, practising together after class, body-aching and of course the final moments on stage, I will remember all these:)
- Fortunate enough to obtain the BCA-Industry Scholarship, thus also secured a job before graduation. I'm really grateful for that:)
- Met the President up-close and even had a super short but memorable conversation with President SR Nathan during his visit to SDE:)
- Took a module with LokeX2 and enjoyed the process of studying the same module together:) I'm still very impressed with his beautifully and meticulously prepared mindmaps.
- Conquered Forest Adventure with LokeX2. I'm quite afraid of heights btw, despite my height, and we had to do flying fox for 3 times!
- Watched my 1st musical titled "Distant Worlds: Music from Final Fantasy" at Esplanade with LokeX2 and Pok. I prefer the fast, hyped up songs rather than the slow, soothing ones. Yes, I did doze off but only for a few seconds.
- Bowling with SDE and PFM gang. It's real fun and I think it's a nice combination of exercising and socializing. More of it this year!
- Helped LokeX2's aunt to paint her newly renovated house. We just painted the kitchen though. But it's really nice to have her trust us enough to let us do the painting.
- Bought my 1st smartphone BB Curve! Like everything about it except that it's black, that's why it's covered with pink cover now:)
- Signed up for SG Cares and embarked on 2 volunteering events, one with Mercy Relief and the other with KidsRead Programme. Volunteering never fails to brighten my day:)
- Set up an online thrift shop with CHAOS known as ChaoticThrift. I love how it brought us together every alternate weeks and strengthen our bonds. It's like we are back to the times when we were preparing for our dance performances during secondary school days:) And we did actually made a few deals!:)
- Embarked on a $20,000 rooftop garden project with the passionate and generous help from Mr Lee from Yishun Town Secondary School and Mr Richard Tan from Garden and Landscape:) It's all thank to them that I am able to work on my dissertation and thus is able to graduate:)
Yes, I have to flip through my 2009 organizer and BB to help me with this reflections.
On top of these, I am blessed with my lovely LokeX2, CHAOS, POXML, The 6Cs, PFM Gang, Dhops and most importantly my family:) They have made my 2009 a great blast!
It has been a great year I must say:)
However great the past year has been, I remember reading from somewhere saying that what happened in the past, whether good or bad, is still the past. Your past will not determine whether you will succeed in the future. Rather, it depends on the present. So no matter how well or how bad one has done, it really doesn't matter. Don't let it makes you complacent or let it limit you, now is the key to make things happen:)
So with the new year, its a good time to reflect on our life and to decide to make this year an even better one:)
"Forget perfection, aim for improvement."
Cheers to a better 2010!:D
No comments:
Post a Comment