Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Happy Teacher's Day!:)

Today is a school holiday for students! No wonder my bro is sleeping so soundly.

It's been quite some time since I returned to PHS or NY, but each time when I am there, I can't help but always feel grateful for what my schools have taught me and have moulded me (to a great extent actually) into who I am today:)

Some of my most influential teachers are Mrs Susan Tan, Mr Tan CW and Ms Choong:) They are the ones I remembered till now the faith they have in me and how they see potential in me and make sure I also see that potential:)

I would say Mrs Tan is the 1st teacher that made a great impact in my life during my sec school years. Our form teacher in sec 1, a very enthusiatic (or rather the most enthusiatic teacher I have ever met) teacher who always have confidence in 1 Endurance:) We thrive and shine brightly under her encouragements and faith:)

By some chance, I was appointed to be the class treasurer (from what I rmb is because nobody else actually wanted to accept that post haha). That marked the beginning of my metamorphosis (ahhh this word describes it very well):)

During pri sch, I have always been a quiet and passive student, fulfilling the minimum requirements would suffice:) No outstanding ECA (at that time) or prefectorial board etc.

Then, in sec sch, I would say because of Mrs Tan's faith, I stepped out of my comfort zone and became a much more active student, being greatly involved in CCAs, camps, class committee and CHAOS (dance!)!:)

That was the time I learnt the most about myself and have the greatest time of life:) That period of growth, to me, sets the foundation for who I am today:)


***

Mr Tan is another unique form teacher we have in 4 Faith:) Not the stern, boring type. Can't find a suitable way to describe him, but I would say he has his own unique (hair) style:)

He always believe in us and believe that we would live up to the expectations of being the 1st triple sci class:) He never really stressed us (not that I can rmb):) And the best part is he made maths seems so simple.

He is another teacher who recognize my potential (leadership potential) which I don't really think I have it, but since he believes there is, it gives me the strength and faith when I need to rise to the occassion:)


***

And JC was the time I think I was trained to challenge myself and pushed myself out of the comfort zone to rise to the occassion. 27th Student Council was the place I learnt the most and grew the most:) There were many council teachers and they have been greatly influential to all councillors. To me, Ms Choong is the one who made the most impact:) She taught us to "grow up" and to "move on" which it was only until later in life I understand how true and how important they are:)

She was the one who gave a pat on my back and said great job/well done (some super encouraging words) when I completed my thank-you speech for Teachers' Day ad hoc:D I will never forget that small sign of encouragement:)

***

There's so much more I have to say and so much more I have to thank them for:) But what I want to say it's really THANK YOU!:D

I'm thankful for having them in my life for I wouldn't be who I am today without them:)

Happy Teacher's Day to all teachers!:) All the hard work for teachers is worth it as the impacts they made will last beyond the students' school life:)

And my student wished me Happy Teacher's Day too! Hehehe~

And Happy mid week!:)

No comments: