And here I am at home, resting and hoping for a speedy recover of my sorethroat-manifested cough. Can't talk too much and can't talk too excitedly , which I usually do. Quite a torture actually.
Really appreciate my group mates for granting me this rest day as they excused me from a meeting for our Thurs's tutorial presentation:) Thanks young and lively group mates!:)
Although there's nothing nice about being sick, I still do appreciate how my body signals to me, reminding me to take good care of it and directing my attention to my health:) Many a times we are so caught up with many external matters that require our attention and time that we sometimes, in fact most of the time, take our health for granted.
The priority is never on taking care of our health actually, unless they start to fail us. So I will do my best to heed my body's advice and pamper my health as soon as it is showing signs of breaking down. As experiences taught me, the best thing to do is to recuperate as soon as possible before it snow-balls and deteriorate even further. Otherwise, I may have to sacrifice more time for other equally important matters.
So today, I dedicate this day to my body, to let it rest awhile and slow down a bit. I'm glad that I can also afford a bit of time to do some reflection here:)
For everyone, do take care. Drink more water and rest well. Weather hasn't been too kind on us and our body has been working non-stop for as long as our age. Our body however has no warranty, so we have got to treasure it and take good care of it, for our future:)
I still need to learn to lead a healthier lifestyle while balancing the different priorities in my life. Life is a balancing act isn't it? That's one of the way we love ourselves and love our life. Only then, can we afford to spread the love around:)
So reminder of the day - let's keep everything in balance:)
No comments:
Post a Comment